Annual Training Bursary
Additional funding support is available to all CL trainees in the form of an annual training bursary of £1,000 per year which can be used to cover expenses incurred in attending academic courses and conferences. The year runs from 1 August to 31 July and bursaries cannot be rolled forward to future years.
Claims can only be made after the event has been attended and must be made within three months of attending. Please also ensure that:
- The claim is made on the correct claim form.
- You have provided proof of attendance.
- Original receipts are presented. We can accept email payment confirmation.
- Your academic supervisor has signed your claim form.
- If it is your first ever claim you will need to provide proof of your bank account by including a copy bank statement (redacted as required) showing the sort code and account number. We will not be able to pay the claim until the bank details are confirmed.
You can only claim for yourself – if your receipts include travel/accommodation for a buddy, please highlight this on your form and it will be apportioned appropriately.
If any expenses in your claim are in a foreign currency, you must convert the foreign currency into British pounds using the OANDA currency converter for the date you made the payment, and then list the correct amount in British pounds on your claim form.
The bursary does not cover claims for clinical courses, including revision courses, consumables, kit, laptops, books, etc, just Academic courses and conferences, with associated travel, accommodation and subsistence costs.
Accommodation – Please note the University’s policy prohibits the use of AirBnB (and similar) facilities.